Friday, October 7, 2011

Maths Once Again!


Every since I was a child, I have never liked maths. In fact, I have kind of hated it. I suppose most people do. So I am no different in it. But, many are actually good at it, despite hating it. This is where the difference lies!

I have always been miserable when it came to solving equations! Although I have been reasonably good at basic arithmetic, I have never managed to grasp anything beyond that! When I came to Hult, I realized that I needed to learn business maths--a subject that I never thought I would touch in my life!

Business + Maths = Disaster

I didn't have a choice. It was part of our toolbox and so I had to do it! Good thing was, we had a professor who made it a bit humorous and put in a lot of energy. I must admit, at least I did not really fall asleep in any class!

The thing is, simple maths is never a problem, it is remembering all the zillion formula that is troublesome! I tend to mix up 2 similar formula, and get confused about which one to use when. But when it comes to the theoretical aspect of maths, it seems quite like any other subject.

So today we did probability and some steps in 'Decision Making' with the consideration of 'Risks and Uncertainty'. By the end of it, I realised it was more using common sense than any math formula!

After the maths class, I was happy... No more maths! (hopefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment