Sunday, October 9, 2011

Make This World A Better Place

As usual I started my day with thinking about how to do something to increase the Facebook fan following of NOAH. Usually I visit other pages and share their posts for NOAH followers to re-share. I did the same today, when I came across a post that I had seen many times before. It was the picture of a dog being dangled and strangled by 2 teenage boys. There was obviously a 3rd boy photographing them.

I had first seen this picture some years ago when a friend posted it and asked that the word be spread so that people would take action against them. I remember how my blood had boiled seeing it.

Today, when posting for NOAH, I thought, what about people who see it in daily life? If you live in a place where the local police are not very active regarding animal welfare, there is no way you can expect them to help out in such situations! The fact is that when it comes to animal welfare, people need to first think about how to help animals and then the gruesomeness of the problems. That is what I did.

I posted the picture on Facebook, and promptly got a comment (quite unexpected) requesting that such photos not be shared time and again. Completely understandable. Quite honestly, when I saw the picture for the first time, I hid it too! 2nd time, same thing. After that I just tried to turn my face away when I saw it!

This time, I chose to use it to educate the fans about what should be done in such situations. although your local police may not always be interested in such things, there are laws in all (or most) countries to prevent cruelty to animals. If one cannot harness these, they should contact the local animal help group.

After posting all this information on NOAH, I wrote for NOAH's blog and then moved on to checking the details for Hult Global Case Challenge. I have been thinking about which tier to participate in, and how to form a good strong team. At present I am leaning towards education or housing.

The challenge is intended to make us, students, use our brains and pull in all the resources we have at hand to make this world a little better for others! An incredible idea! Whether or not we win the competition, I am sure we can all learn how to use various tactics to improve social services around the world.

I have always wondered why people with money can't put the money to some better use? What is the use of having a house with all kinds of fancy gizmos if right outside your gate there is a world which needs basic like food and water?! Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment