Thursday, October 27, 2011

Homesick For The First Time!

The past few days have been maddening. We have been getting one project after another. This is why I have not been able to update the blog! Although I must admit, I have not spent the last two weeks doing only project work! It's Diwali, and as I wrote in my last post, London is in a festive mood. The whole city seems to be celebrating it in some way or another!

I was honestly quite surprised to see Diwali posters on the 'big red bus'! We had a bash at the house on the weekend before Diwali. 3 days of non-stop fun!

So does this mean I didn't miss celebrating Diwali the way we did it back home? NO!

My Diwali started with me waking up late, but still managing to reach class in time. Sad thing was I had Accounting - a subject that I am not very fond of. By evening I was quite homesick! Diwali is just not the same when you don't celebrate it ON Diwali and when you don't have a late night party with friends!

I had honestly never thought about how much I would miss Diwali at home! It's not about the fireworks at Diwali. I know London will have Guy Faux day where the fireworks will beat that of Diwali (or equal it). It's not even about the dressing up and partying -- Halloween has that covered! It's something that for some reason I cannot put into words!

But then I decided to change my mood! We watched a movie and had our own fun! Next day, it was back to school! For now, I have to get back to working on my assignment!

No comments:

Post a Comment