Wednesday, October 5, 2011

113 to Edgware

Sitting on the top floor of bus no 113, I can't help but look down on everyone else (coz of the height of the bus, off course! But maybe I should re-phrase that, since I don't look down too often! Most of the times I look straight ahead. I wonder how many people pass the same route and how many of them actually remember any of it.

For those who have never been on route 113, here are some pictures:

You may look at these pictures and wonder where they are taken ( if you don't know where in world I live)... They were taken in London... just not something you will find on postcards (if you use them anymore)!

So you must be wondering what a stupid topic to blog on, but the fact is that most of us, spend very little time logging what we do everyday... TRAVELING!

There is so much you do and think when you are going from point A to B.... But not many of us remember what we thought about on the bus... So I named this little post of mine after a bus that takes me to school and brings me home again! I have a number of things on my mind right now...

Firstly, wondering if this a new city will become my home forever, or will it just be for a year... To be honest, I am split in 2 or maybe 3 minds! I want to stay, I want to go back home and I want to go to a third place...

Just one look out, and I realized how similar something's are to delhi... The minute it rains, the traffic slows down like a flood hit town (in both places)! And then it clears out within seconds again!

Coming back to what I was thinking about, the second thing on my mind was NOAH. It's a social network project that I took up for myself. The idea behind it is to use the Internet to benefit animals...

People may think I am obsessed with animals, but then that is just how I am!! I have a weakness for animals and birds, and in general nature. Since we have such a wonderful thing such as the Internet, I wanted to put it to better use!

When one connects to people with similar interest, by default it happens within ones own country/region. However, with the Internet and social media taking over our day-to-day lives, it has become quite simple for people to get connected all round the globe!

It was in Prof. Ronan's class that I came up with the idea. He told us to create a 'buzz campaign' for a cause we believed in. The minute he said it, my mind raced--animals, animals, animals... How can I use the campaign for them? There are tons of rescue pages in every country... And then it hit me... I came back that night and just kept thinking about it. The next day, I decided that come what may, I was going to start off my campaign, and so I did!

My sister helped me choose the name, since NOAH is an acronym, and the real name, 'network of animal helpers' is not used by anyone else, I chose it.

My stop is nearing, and so I must leave... More the next time I am traveling by 113 (or maybe when I just feel like blogging!)

No comments:

Post a Comment