Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dogs are the cutest!


While walking to class today, i saw, what I would call the cutest site ever! I first saw a dog running wildly after something... The next instant i realised that he was chasing a squirrel! I slowed down.. Saw them play catch-n-catch (as we called it when we were kids) for a while. The squirrel finally ran up a tree, and the dog... No he did not stand barking below (dogs here never seems to bark!). He continued running... Up the tree! And then flipped back to the ground!

There was another little one just behind him... He stood below the tree waiting for the squirrel to come back down!

Dogs are just adorable! Everyday I see at least one or two 'babies' in either the bus or the tube or the park. But the best thing is that they always have an expression of some sort! They are adorable!

People wonder why I am so crazy about dogs? To be honest, I have no idea! I have always loved dogs... But with time, my frenzy for them has increased!

Till I was 3 or 4, I had a dalmatian in Calcutta (Kolkatta)... But then somewhere after we moved away from there, I became terrified of them (still don't know why though). So when did the fear end?

When we moved to Delhi, my cousin had a black lab. Whenever I went to her house, she had to lock up the dog in another room. I used to feel sad that he was locked, but at the same time, I was too scared to set foot near him!

Finally one day, she decided to let the dog out! I ran all the way out to the front garden! He came to me; her parents and my parents had come running out behind me... For a while it felt like i had paused all of Delhi with my shouting and running out! They told me not to be scared... And to remain still... I did... Within a few seconds, the dog just walked away... Back to my cousin... Ever since then, I was not scared of him! But then, I was still scared of other dogs...

My fear for other dogs went down with time... Today, the minute I see a dog, i feel like running up and cuddling it!

One of my friends had rightly said, if any man wants to impress me, all he has to do is make sure he has a dog (not that that's true!)... But ya, the second I know a person has a pet, my perception of the person does change! In a way you could say I am biased about people with a passion for animals, particularly dogs!

Whatever it is, I am crazy about dogs! And without a doubt, dogs are the cutest things in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment