Monday, June 16, 2014

Me and Football Fever?

The FIFA world cup is on and everyone around - whether they understand football or not, is going to be up at night watching the match!! If you know me... You would have guessed - I'm one of them!

I've never been a big football fan - but I do enjoy watching the game! Especially because I have such fond memories of various world cups. I used to watch these matches with my dad while growing up. At that time, I would ask him the stupidest questions! I just wanted to see them score goals - didn't matter who scored!

So some people reading this might wonder which planet I hail from. I have actually always had friends who were cricket fans, nobody spoke of any other sports. My dad was the only one who watched other stuff.

It all depends on the people around you. If you have football crazy friends you will have fun when watching the matches - even if you understand zilch. Then of course, you will also have nostalgia set in when you catch repeats.

Till I went to London, I didn't hear my friends talk of any other sports etc - cricket or at the most football. Then I understood F1, tennis, a tad bit of rugby, a bit of rowing. When I came back, I somehow thought it was all going to go back to before - apart from home, I won't have many people who like other sports. But my apprehensions were put to rest when I came to Mumbai and realised that my new friends here follow all the sports equally! Games can be great fun if you have fun people to watch it with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment